Thursday, September 3, 2009

Big God, Little God


Keith Richards told Rollingstone magazine (he's so old school. doesn't he know no one reads that shitzine anymore) that he has been recording with Jack White. "I enjoy working with Jack," he said. "We’ve done a couple of tracks."

This is the passing of a torch that is long over do. The White Stripes opened for a couple of 'Stones shows, and Jack was prominently featured in the 'Stones flick "Shine a Light", so it's only natural that they finally record a new song (or even an album!) together.

All this is such sweet satisfaction for my hipster ass. I remember a certain republican college friend mocking me 7 years ago for my White Stripe's obsession, and calling the holy band 'shit' and other blasphemous names I won't repeat. My reply was always "not liking the White Stripes today would be like not liking the Rolling Stones in the 60's" Clearly Keith agrees with me. suck it.

- Tommy Blunt

1 comment:

  1. are those certain college republican's initials "BB"? God I hope so, what a tool.

    ReplyDelete