Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Once again, the VMAs will suck...


So the VMAs are a month away, and the set list is predictably unimpressive.  They've got:  Jay Z, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Green Day, P!nk, and Muse.  They all suck (some to more of a degree than others), and here's why, one-by-one.

Jay Z doesn't put on a good show.  I like his music, he's good at improving on stage, but all he does is stand and rap.  No movement.  No surprises.  No spontaneity.  No freak-outs.  You're cool Jigga, but give me a reason to watch instead of just listen.

Lady Gaga has overexposed her attention grabbing antics to the point that we don't pay attention.  She could shove a fisted dildo up her ass on stage and no one would blick.  She's over, unless she reinvents herself as Patti Smith...

Taylor Swift is a loser.  I bet she's a terrible bang too.  She's 18 and it's time she goes hip-hop.   

Green Day was my favorite band when I was 12.  I liked them again when I was 21.  Do they have a new album out now?  The only way they can put on a good show is if they play something from Dookie.  

P!nk.  She sounds good.  She's probably a good bang.  She's kinda smart.  But she's too clean to trust.  

Muse?  Okay, but MTV's token good rock band coulda been better.  What the fuck does Kings of Leon have to do to dominate.  5 years people!  5 whole fucking years, and they still don't have a big stage.  

Remember when MTV let Britney Spears perform while on crack?  I do, and I miss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment